Wednesday 9 September 2009

Initial Breif

for my advanced portfolio, u have chosen to create a music promotion video. For my two ancillary tasks, i will produce:


  • A cover for a CD/DVD release



  • A Magazine Ad




    • i have chosen to da a R'n'B video that subverts the normal video conventions, for example the excess amount of jewelry and the half naked women. by doing this i am to bring originality to my video thus showing that people may still enjoy the music without nudity, and most of all to show how women are still appealing with their clothes on.




      Target audience:


      Demographic:

      my demographic audience is ranged between 11-30+. i have opened the age gap really large as it wll help me appeal to a larger audience.


      Psychographic:

      people that are interested in music and have an interest in the way music videos are produced.


      Lifestyle:


      people that have a large interest in arts such as, dance media and music.




      Similar media products to mine are videos like "Miss independant," i feel this shows what i am trying to aim at as it exerts the idea of female independacne while sticking to the r'n'b genre.


      With the large intake of R&B musiic, i feel that the genre lacks any videos that aim to challenge those conventions. seeing the vast amount of media covedrgae the R&B industry gets, i fell as though my media product would be very appealing to a sector of that audience, as there are those who are tired of same different versions of the same subject.


      I will use some stereotypical representations but only to the extent of where they can be subverted. i will do this because if i were to change all thd conventions, it may not be recognised as an R&B video.


      I am going to have a non- linear narrative as, by doing this i will be able to subvert the audiences expectations of the characters. the narrative will be non- lineaar as it will allow me to show my characters aspirations and dreams, but at the same time it will help me to show what is stopping them from reaching them.


      i will subvert the formal genric conventions of my chosen media as i dont feel that

      No comments:

      Post a Comment